Sunday, January 30, 2011

Week 4-Technology enhanced lesson plans and so much to learn

Week 4, as usual, made me realize how blind I have been. In every university I have taught so far, there were many computer labs and I taught in the class NEXT to the computer lab. And the labs were free!!!!!!!!!

I have even used a lab for teaching when all the classrooms in the English Unit were taken. How come I didn’t see the computers in the lab?

“Aiyo!” – A Sinhalese expression to say “ Oh shit”.

I prepared my very first technology enhanced lesson plan and it was great. I used the website http://www.manythings.org and Robert gave some really useful comments.
The readings for this week were great and I found time to read two extra articles as well. Use of technology can be a real solution to most of the problems we face as teachers. That’s what I learnt this week.

The project task- we don’t see it, but Robert is taking us through the formal steps of a research and these days we are doing the literature survey and identifying the SRP (Specific Research Problem).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Umesha,
    sometimes we have to be guided to show the importance of the things we come across even everyday. It happens...
    And as you have mentioned, the readings in this week were excellent, it opened our minds to different ways to teach ELT. Great ideas to use emails, e books, different sites made this week's discussions so interesting.

    regards
    shihanath

    ReplyDelete