Sunday, February 13, 2011

Week six is my week



I am sure all my friends in this class now know me as “Umesha, the one who is worried about her large class.”

And yes they have a reason to think so.

I am worried or is it “ I was worried” about my large class.

I like this week because this week we learnt and talked about problems I face as a teacher of a very large class. I learnt a lot. Not just from this week, but from the whole course, but this week I could very easily relate to the topics discussed.
Discussion and reading material related to interactive PowerPoint and issues in large classes not only taught me a lot of new things but also made me see that I am already using some of the techniques.

I made an interactive PowerPoint presentation and I have already thought of teaching my students about making interactive PowerPoint presentations.

And then we had a guest this week. Donna joined our discussions from day one and she really made our discussions going by bringing in new points and perspectives.

Above all, her presence this week gave me a new idea for my final project and I am going to write to Robert about it tomorrow.

Thank you Donna for all your comments and for being our guest this week.

This class can really motivate us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Umesha,

    I have never worked with big classes but I can imagine the difficulties that accompany it.
    Now, as we got valuable resources your share of work will change:
    1) you have an opportunity to test something new and you can see how it works
    2) your students will see innovation and many of them may become more motivated because of the visual effect.

    Marine

    ReplyDelete