Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Week of 'Quests'

The interesting thing about week 05 is that I enjoyed reading about and experimenting on the content.

PBL is great and the reading material given gave a lot of insight and ideas about carrying out projects.

For me the most interesting thing is the WebQuest. I created my very first WebQuest on presentation skills and I can’t wait to use it in my class.
Here is the link to my WebQuest

What I am worried about is the project task and finding proper solutions to the problems I have in my class. I think the two solutions I mentioned in the discussion are ok but I have a feeling that I can come up with a better one by the end of the course.

I feel tired after week o5 as I did the extra task as well, but I am satisfied too.
It is amazing to see how much we don’t know and how wonderful it feels to know that we now know things we never even dreamed of knowing.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Umesha

    You have a good idea for the final project. Yes, you might want to modify a little, but don't wait for the "perfect" plan. Just come up with a good enough plan for now, and try it out. We don't have a lot of time to test these out. Remember these are "pilot projects" and do not need to be perfect. What is important is that we try something and that we see what we can learn from it.

    One thought I suggested was to maybe make a single blog for the entire class that you are in charge of, and students might only need to add comments to it for their writing. It would be easier to keep track of with the number of students you have. But there would not be replies to student comments.

    Robert

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Umesha

    I looked at your WebQuest. You did great and inspired me to make my WebQuest, I tried some topics but didn't decide on any of them and gave up. I will try again when I have some free time.
    Don't worry about the solutions about your project, a lot of times good decisions arrive unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete