Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thus ended week two!!!!

ABCD objectives, Blooms Digital Taxonomy, new search engines and this is how the second week of the course passed. I had to join the discussion a little late this week, as I was busy with lectures.
However, I managed to finish all the readings in time to meet the mid-week deadline.
I find the ABCD objectives really useful for two key reasons; first it gives a clear sense of direction and secondly it’s easy to understand and thus put into practice.
I read through all the posts of my class mates and I was fascinated by the plethora of information, the difference of settings and above all the variety of approaches we all have and actually that’s the best things about the course.
Things change so fast and the things we memorized and based our work on change too. That is what I thought when I read Blooms Digital Taxonomy.
It is interesting learn to about these new theories and to use them in practice and then to learn how they are used in a variety of other settings.
Week three is going to be hectic as I have my sister’s wedding coming but hoping to meet the deadlines…. Somehow!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Umesha,

    New search engines exercise was great!!!
    Which search engine did you find the most attracting?

    Yes, things change very rapidly, approahes that we used yesterday are already outdated today, and tomorrow they are the history. That is why I decided to join the course and to learn something more about new tools to make the classes more interactive, more interesting, fuller in terms of using new approaches and instruments.

    Umesha, send my best regards to your sister and let her be the happiest bride that day!

    Best regards,

    Yuriy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Umesha

    Thanks for the comments on my Blog and for being a Sri Lankan ( no narrow nationalistic feelings were meant to be aroused). I could read the comments on my blog only today, as for you,the last was a hectic one for me as well.

    You are right about your comments on the Blooms Taxonomy on the digital domain. This is the first time I even heard about it. But, I think the interpretative levels under that domain may change in the time to come, because everthing undergoes changes.

    Like Uriy, I also wish your sister a very happy weeding day and a wedded life.

    Best
    Tharanga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Umesha,

    Thank you for your ideas about Week 2. What I was really fascinated by the week 2 was remembering about Blooms Taxonomy. In fact, I had to re-new my teaching accordingly keeping the students' cognitive aspects in mind.

    I forgot to mentioned about this in my review of this week, and I realized it thanks to your topic.

    Aveka

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umesha

    As usual, very clear and systematic reflections. I totally agree with you on the importance of ABCD objectives and their usefulness. This week has been hectic for me, too.

    Wishing you more success.

    ReplyDelete